This week we talked about using videos in education. I am no stranger to teachers using videos to help me learn and me finding videos to help teach me. Throughout high school, I would sit through at least one video a day from teachers that thought it would help me learn better (which it did). Videos are especially useful in class to show us processes or experiences we wouldn’t normally see. For example, in my Biology 12 class, the teacher used videos to help us see what DNA and RNA looked like. Without these videos, I wouldn’t be able to see how these two structures function.

On the other hand, I have also used videos to help me learn independantly. In my psychology class last year, I would often watch the CrashCourse video on the lesson we had just learned so I could go over the terms in simpler language. This helped me retain the information since Hank Green added animations and jokes that helped the memory stick in my brain.

We also talked about GIFs in this lecture. GIFs are some of my favourite things to add to projects since they are so much more expressive than a picture. They are also useful when I talk to my friends. I can send them a GIF of my exact reaction to their text message, that is more expressive than an emoji.

I have made a lot of videos throughout my life and have recently started getting into iMovie editing. For this class, I have made a video of me using different French words:

Also for this class, I made a timelapse video of me creating a friendship pin. This was done with the timelapse effect on my iPhone.